WEEK 95: April 25, 2021 (22 Months)

 

You know you are getting close to the end when you and your friends tie-die shirts for P-day

It's been a couple weeks since I've written!  I'm sorry!!  Time has been going by so fast and we've been so busy, I've been forgetting.  

But these past few weeks have been great. 

We had transfers!!  I got a new comp, his name is Elder Loveridge!  It was crazy when I heard he was coming ‘cause I was his district leader 9 months ago when he was in training!!  It's crazy to think I've been in the TLM (Texas Lubbock Mission) for that long now. Elder Loveridge is a good kid who is ready to work which is good because I don't like laziness. 

 

A couple tender mercies from the past week! 

-Josh is someone we are teaching who my last comp and I found while calling some people in our records.  He said he'd really been needing a call and felt he'd been on a real decline since he stopped meeting with the missionaries and attending church.  We had a great great great lesson with him on Friday about changing your life for the better, and about how the gospel can help him accomplish the change he seeks.  He loved the message, and I've already seen a massive change in him just over the past few times we've met with him.  

One basic truth that I've come to find out is that when we live the gospel, though it may not be easy, our lives are simpler.  Josh was an alcoholic and he recognizes that.  

-JC is someone who has been going to church with his girlfriend who is a member.  He's been to church about 5 times since I've been in Midland, and every time I see him there, I can see he feels more comfortable about the gospel and has a happier countenance about him.  

-Service has been a big part of my time here in Midland, and I wouldn't want it any other way.  Everybody needs help sometimes, and I feel Christ taught a lot through service, so I strive to do so as well. 

Time is going by SO fast it's kinda scaring me.  Thanks for reading!!  Love yall.

-Elder Hammond





Comments

Popular Posts