WEEK 90: March 15, 2021

 

Abraham's baptism day

This week was awesome!!  Probably one of the most fun weeks I've had on my mission, honesty.  It was just full of stuff to do!

We did TONS of service which was great.  We helped build some dog houses for people, helped at the food bank, served at a free spay neuter clinic, and some other stuff I'm forgetting haha.  

Building dog cages for the shelter


All the service was good, but what was really the coolest is that I got here just in time to be a part of Abraham's baptism!  Abraham is dating a member of our branch, and he is way cool.  Definitely the most normal and relatable guy I've worked with on my mission.  He's just someone who is really excited about prioritizing God in his life, and changing his life for the better.  I was stoked to be able to be a part of the baptism, and a little less stoked when I was told I'd be speaking (juuust kidding).  I talked about the basic principles of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and about why Abraham was getting baptized.  It was sweet ‘cause Abraham invited a bunch of his college friends, and they all seemed pretty interested and super supportive of him.  This week I'm gonna ask if any of his friends would want to learn more.  I'm sure at least one will.  It'd be hard to watch a baptism into our Church and not have questions about stuff.  It's just so different and such a cool experience.  

The members here in Midland are awesome.  We get fed almost every night (first time in 21 months), and we always have members who are willing to come to lessons with us, or help us find people to serve. 

Funny story.  When we were doing service at the spay/neuter place (Fix West Texas). I got asked to give some animals some shots, so I was putting some gloves on and filling syringes when they brought probably 20 cats out of the back room... Turns out I'm really allergic to cats haha.  I had a bad allergic reaction and couldn't breathe very well.  I had to sit in the car for the next couple hours with the air pumping.  Not fun but good to know haha.

Thanks for reading!!

Elder Hammond

Texas Stonehenge


See that oil pumping thing? It's called a pump jack and it's common in Midland



Comments

Popular Posts