WEEK 88: March 1, 2021 (20 months)

 

Feeling like Texas

This was a great week in Texas!  It started warming up again, which has been really nice.  One of the elders here bought Spikeball, and it's been super fun to get out of the house after doing a ton of online and Facebook work! 


We also had the opportunity to work with a ton more members this week.  We visited a couple and showed them how to use ZOOM since our branch is finally doing ZOOM second-hour meetings.  It's been really fun getting to know our small group of members well. 

Big highlight from this week!  Our branch president called us on Wednesday and told us that his cow had jumped a fence lining his property, and that he'd need help catching the heifer and bringing her back to his barn.  This was not an easy task!!  We were chasing after this cow for 20 minutes before it decided to jump the next fence, into a pasture with a massive bull (Texas Long-horn, no less!).  Well, now we had to rope the heifer with a bull trying to mount it!  Luckily, my comp is good at that kind of thing, and so I chased it into the corner, and then my comp lassoed the cow and we towed it back to the barn.  I don't think I've ever felt more like I'm in Texas!  It was pretty rad haha.


We are having a hard time finding people to teach right now, so it's been a real tender mercy to have so many opportunities to do service here in Plainview.  It's really been good. 

This week I had a funny thing happen to me, I decided to wake up and make French toast for my companions one day, but I didn't put my glasses on, and I ended up putting "ground Cumin"  in the recipe in place of "ground Cinnamon"...  Everyone ate them and no one said anything until I was cleaning the kitchen and I saw that the ground cumin was out on the counter... Sheeeesh.  I thought they tasted a bit weird haha. 


Overall a good week!  Thanks for reading

-Elder Hammond

Elder Pett's birthday cupcakes


Comments

Popular Posts