WEEK 87: February 22, 2021

 

My comp looked like Joseph Smith in this picture after he cooked some steaks and filled the house with smoke haha

This week was good! 

I'm sure by now everyone had heard about the big stuff going in in Texas! (Harsh winter weather, snow, electricity outages, pipes bursting, etc…) It's crazy the more I hear about it.  But we are OK up here in Plainview.  We lost power for a few hours but it was OK.  We just had to hang out at home and try to stay warm haha.  We are praying for all those that were and are being affected by the terrible storms. 

This week we had a great opportunity to teach a couple of less-active member families!!  It was sweet.  We came up with a little branch mission plan, printed it out, and we have been visiting different member families and presenting the plan, and then inviting them to pray about people that could benefit from a missionary visit, or from hearing the gospel from the members themselves.  It's been really good to get to know the members, as well as to teach some more people and help get my less-experienced companions some good practice. 

Other than that, this week has been full of a lot of Facebook finding, which was a mixed bag this week! haha.  My Trainee, Elder Bickel, found a lady on Facebook who wanted to hear a spiritual message, so we gave her a call and we had a really good little lesson with her.  It was great!  But then shortly after that, I got a call from a random person I'd friended on Facebook, who continued to cuss the heck out me.  He thought that his wife was cheating on him with me...   (eye roll).  It was frustrating for sure and has led me to have more caution friending ladies on Facebook haha.

Overall, pretty good week besides the super cold weather.  I'm super grateful for the opportunities we had to teach and the time I had to study the Book of Mormon this week.  It's a great book guys. 

Thanks for reading!

Elder Hammond

Disc golf with the other Elders
Andrew recommended this video to us this week and we watched it.  It is a great video!https://www.facebook.com/togathersaints/videos/2594487360848380

Comments

Popular Posts