WEEK 86: February 15, 2021

 

Elder Pett and Elder Hammond going "High Priest Style" to district council

Elder Hammond and his companions

This week was extremely cold!!  Like record Lows here in Texas!  I'm not super used to the cold anymore because I haven't seen a real winter since I left!  So it's been a little rough haha.  I'm hanging in here though.

This week we had the opportunity to teach our friend Patricia about baptism.  We focused strongly on authority and why it is so important to be baptized by someone with the priesthood.  We used the example of Jesus Christ being baptized by John the Baptist, and why it was important that John the Baptist baptized Jesus over anyone else.  She didn't seem to understand very well, but she said she would pray about it, and when she receives her answer she would be willing to be baptized!  We are excited about that.  I let my trainee, Elder Bickel, take the lead on the lesson and he did a great job.  I'm really enjoying training, especially while we have less people to teach.  I feel like at the very least I can be teaching my trainee and doing my part in that way.

We've been having a super hard time finding people to teach, which definitely has made it hard to get Elder Bickel to practice teaching.  We are really hoping for more teaching opportunities this next week, so we are really praying for that.

I'm liking it here in Plainview with Elder Bickel and Elder Hill.  I have a lot of fun with Elder Hill and I work hard with elder Bickel haha.  Works out OK for me I guess. 

Thanks for reading!  Have a great week!!

Also!  We need to make a video to post on our Facebook page for this upcoming week, and if any of you have any great ideas, shoot me an email!  My creativity has been exhausted lately haha

-Elder Hammond




Comments

Popular Posts