WEEK 75: November 25, 2020 (17 months)

Disc Golf area



These past two weeks have not been super eventful!  But they were good.  Don't have much to complain about!!

Last week we got to go tour a tortilla factory that a member here owns!  And he gave us a bunch of tortillas at the end which was a mega bonus.  Friday we made cookies to give to everyone we are teaching! (not very many people)  but the cookies turned out OK and we marked a couple lessons for this upcoming week. *

The biggest highlight of my week was that we got the chance to drive out to a national park in my area to film an ad for Facebook! It was a super sick national park.  There were tons of Bison running around and we got a super sick ad filmed.  Hopefully we find some new people as a result.





Plainview Texas is sweet!  The members are awesome; there are restaurants; the people seem receptive!  We just need to figure out new ways to peak their interest. We are praying for some new people this week.

Elder Erickson is my companion, he's a cool guy.  He's from Wyoming.  He kills me in basketball every morning but other than that we get along great haha.

Last thing is for district council today we did a cookie contest.  We made cinnamon roll cookies.  We got disqualified because apparently it was a "chocolate chip cookie" baking contest.  But our cookies were by far the best.  Time is flying by out here!

We are looking forward to Thanksgiving Thursday!**

Other than that we played disc golf with our less active friends again this week!  And I bought a wedge from the thrift store so I can get good at real golf Monday mornings!  It's been fun! 


Scripture of the week:
Ether 4:12
“And whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do good is of me; for good cometh of none save it be of me. I am the same that leadeth men to all good; he that will not believe my words will not believe me—that I am; and he that will not believe me will not believe the Father who sent me. For behold, I am the Father, I am the light, and the life, and the truth of the world.”

Thanks for all the prayers and support!
Love you.
Elder Hammond

*An investigator they took cookies to said they were too salty. :) She is also the one that sprinted away from them after their first prayer with her.
**They get to eat Thanksgiving dinner at a member’s house!





Comments

Popular Posts