WEEK 74: November 11, 2020

Plainview and cotton fields

Well this week was pretty great!!  My first week in Plainview Texas was super busy. I got here to Plainview at 3 and at 4 we had a disc golf appointment with some less-actives and a non-member!  It was sick.  We play disc golf several times a week with this family and they are awesome. (even though I'm not great at disc golf. haha).


We did a TON of Facebook finding this week... Which led to 5 sweet lessons. One of them was kind of a funny story. I messaged this lady and asked if she'd like to hear a message about Jesus and meet us in the park. She said yes!  We met her there, gave her a message, she said she was very grateful and we ended with a prayer... But right after amen she sprinted off!! Like a full on sprint (not to mention she was a bigger woman).  We were caught off guard as we saw her running toward the swing set, stop at the swing set and start slowly swinging on the swings.  We are still confused. Haha.


Wednesday we walked dogs at the dog shelter!  It was fun.  I love dogs, but I've decided huge dogs are not my favorite!  The huskie I was walking, jumped up and ripped my Texas Tech shirt   :(.  Still fun stuff though. 

We kept the week going with a ton of service and Facebook finding, as well as quite a bit more disc golf. (I’m slowly getting better.)

Annnnd Saturday, we got the chance to go to Lubbock to help with the free car wash!  It was good but we didn't have very many cars come.  I'm thinking people here were grumpy with the election results. haha.  We swung by Costco after the car wash and got some pizza and that made up for it tho!

Lastly, on Sunday, one of the people we found on Facebook invited us to attend the church he preaches at, and since we had nothing else going on at the time, we said yes!  It was a Pentecostal church but it felt more like a rock concert.  Too much yelling and speaking in tongues for my liking.  We really do have the true gospel for sure. 

On our way back from church Sunday, we stopped in the cotton fields and took some sweet pics. Thanks for reading!



Elder Hammond

From our conversation:
They went to a HS football game to support a less-active member.  Andrew said it was a terrible game.


Comments

Popular Posts