WEEK 12: September 17, 2019

Good-bye Cacador
Another week down!
This week started off pretty tranquil, just the regular tons of walking and tons of teaching!  Got chased by a drunk guy and had to hide in one of my investigators house so that was interesting! (Mom: He said that he didn’t know why the guy was chasing them, but I wonder if it was because he knew Andrew was American.  He kept yelling English words at them as he was chasing them.) Anyway, finished this week with a phone call from the president saying i was going to be transferred!   Which is weird ‘cause people never get transferred the first transfer!  Anyway, I got the call on Sunday, and on Monday I had to take a 13 hour bus to Floripa City, and then meet my new companion (Elder Merino from Colombia, out 7 months) and then another 6 hour bus ride to my new area... very tired writing this email haha. (Mom: They didn’t arrive in his new area until 2 AM).
Elder Merino

Anyway, my new area is like the opposite of my other area, very flat! (Mom: He’s super happy that it’s flat so he doesn’t have to hike up all the mountains/hills like in Cacador!)  I think my new companion is good, but still trying to get to know him haha.  My new city is called Vacaria, which is known for lots of grilled steak (vaca = cow) so hopefully i don't get fat haha.  Anyway, for sure still adjusting to my missionary life, but trying to have a positive attitude about everything!  Here are a few pictures from this week!
Common sight in Brazil: stray dogs


Another common sight in Brazil: soccer fields
Little red dots

From our conversation:

  • He’s got little red dots all over his body.  We think he might have been sleeping with bed bugs in his last apartment. YUCK!
  • His new apartment is huge like the last one.  3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms!  It’s weird to me that they have these huge apartments but barely have enough money to pay for food and no money to pay for the city buses.  I am betting that the mission is very careful to put the missionaries in safe apartments in safe areas on the mission even when the apartments are too big.
  • He was told that his new area is much slower than his last area for missionary work.  They had teaching appointments everyday in Cacador.


Zone Conference


One of the many hills he had to climb in Cacador

Wildlife photo of the week :)

Weird food picture of the week. ;)

Leaving his name of the Obama wall hanging in his apartment. WEIRD.

Mom email questions:
How was your interview with the mission president? How did you communicate?
It’s not very hard for me to get across what I need to say, it’s just a little clumsy.

Did you have any baptisms this last week?
we have 2 for Saturday but I got transferred

It's really beautiful, if you look beyond the trash

Comments

Popular Posts